Super fresh salad
This BBC Good Food recipe is both simple to make and a delight for the taste buds. The main star of the dish is the fig; these luscious treats will increase both your sex drive and stamina, and also increase the secretion of pheromones. Who would have thought a salad would cause an inability to keep your hands off each other?
12 quails’ eggs
1 head Romaine lettuce leaves torn
Wild rocket leaves, torn
A bunch of fresh chives roughly chopped
6 fresh figs, cut into quarters 100g/3½oz
1 ball mozzarella, torn
24 fine slices Serrano ham
4 tomatoes, chopped
1 pomegranate, seeds only
For the dressing:
1 lemon, juice only
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Boil the quails’ eggs by putting them in a pan of cold water and bringing it to the boil. Boil for up to 30 seconds for soft-boiled eggs, and a couple of minutes longer for hard-boiled.
2. Drain the eggs and run them under cold water until cool enough to handle. Tap the eggs all over to break the shells, then peel them and cut in half.
3. Place the lettuce, rocket and chives into a mixing bowl. Add the figs, walnuts, mozzarella, Serrano ham and tomatoes and mix well to combine. Mix in the pomegranate seeds.
4. For the dressing, pour the lemon juice into a small bowl along with the extra virgin olive oil. Whisk well then add salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste.
5. To serve, drizzle the dressing over the salad and mix to coat the leaves.
Chicken, broccoli and cashew stir-fry
Everyone loves a good stir-fry. To make it less everyday-ordinary and more fit for the date night, add in some broccoli to boost your circulation and enhance your sex drive. If you’re short on time (or simply want more time for the bedroom activities), this Taste recipe will do the trick:
1 tablespoon peanut oil
750g chicken thigh fillets, excess fat trimmed, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons sweet sherry
1 1/2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons kecap manis
1 teaspoon cornflour
350g broccoli, trimmed, cut into florets
6 shallots, ends trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
55g (1/3 cup) unsalted roasted cashews
Steamed SunRice White Medium Grain Rice, to serve
1. Heat half the oil in a wok over high heat. Add half the chicken. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken, reheating the pan between batches.
2. Combine the sherry, soy sauce, kecap manis and cornflour in a small bowl.
3. Heat remaining oil in wok over high heat. Add broccoli. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add shallot. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until broccoli is bright green and tender crisp.
4. Add chicken, cornflour mixture and cashews. Stir-fry until combined and chicken is heated through. Divide rice and stir-fry among serving bowls. Serve.
This Health recipe features not only one, but two aphrodisiacs – not bad, right? The strawberries will boost your circulation while the almonds will enhance your libido. Almonds also help produce male sex hormones. Needless to say, sleep is going to be the last thing on your mind by the end of this dessert.
4 cups quartered strawberries
1/4 cup light brown sugar, divided
1/4 cup regular oats
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons chopped almonds, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Coat 4 (8-ounce) ramekins with cooking spray. Toss strawberries with 1 tablespoon sugar; place 1 cup strawberries in each ramekin.
3. Combine remaining sugar with other ingredients; stir until crumbly. Sprinkle oat mixture over strawberries.
4. Place ramekins on a baking sheet; bake at 350°for 20 minutes. Combine all three dishes for a simple, quick but utterly delicious three-course meal which is sure to impress your partner and get you in the mood for the after-dinner activities.