So unless you have been living under a rock lately you’ve probably noticed all the hype surrounding the release of Fifty Shades of Grey. Whether you loved the books and film or hated them, there’s one thing that we can all agree on and it’s that bondage and BDSM are now more talked about than ever before.
Fifty Shades of Grey inspired by bondage and BDSM
BDSM as a practice has been around for a very long time with reference to “ritual flagellations” (aka public spanking!) in the 9th Century BC. Early BDSM practices are mentioned in the Karma Sutra too, it talks about slapping, pinching or biting inciting “joyful cries of pain”. Oh my! So for those of you keen to give Bondage and BDSM a go we’ve put together a list of our top tips to keep you safe and sexy!
1. Chat it through with your partner and set some ground rules, we’re not suggesting any Christian Grey style legal agreements – just a chat through likes, dislikes, things you think you’d be into and things you’re definitely not.
2. Pick a safe word to signal if you don’t like what’s going on.
3. Be sober. Yeah, drinking a little might make you feel errmm… more free… but we recommend you and your partner both being sober so you are totally comfortable and safe with what you’re doing. Plus no one likes a sloppy rendezvous.
4. If you’re experimenting with hand cuffs or being tied up make sure you have a spare set of keys or some scissors nearby – those knots can be tricky to undo!
5. Be safe, particularly if you are tying your partner up if their ankles or wrists are tied too tightly this can restrict circulation or damage nerves – ouch!
Now we’ve got the serious part over we can get started on the fun bit… our pick of the must haves for beginner bondage.
FIFTY SHADES OF GREY PLEASURE OVERLOAD 10 DAYS OF PLAY COUPLE'S KIT
Fifty Shades of Grey Pleasure Overload 10 days of play Couple's Kit Mystery doors reveal sensual pleasure toys and bondage play accessories Items for him, her and both of you to enjoy
A fabulous shared gift to open up new adventures together The perfect introduction to sensory and restraint play Couple’s kit includes a vibrating love ring, a bullet vibrator, Kegel balls, a mini pleasure plug, nipple clamps, a blindfold, a tickler, a mini flogger, silky restraints and a satin toy storage bag.
BOUND TO PLEASE SILICONE UNIVERSAL CUFFS
Get restrained with these incredibly durable and comfortable silicone cuffs. Made from smooth silicone, they are hypoallergenic, and suitable for vegans and vegetarians. The padlockable, adjustable cuffs are perfect for beginners and experts alike, the soft feeling silicone means that they are comfortable to wear for prolonged periods of time. The included detachable double trigger hook chain connects the D-rings on each cuff, restricting your sub's movement. You can also use the chain and rings to attach other bondage products if you want to introduce further variety into your BDSM sessions.
BOUND TO PLEASE BREATHABLE BALL GAG
- Fully adjustable, black breathable ball gag
- Ideal for beginners, sub training and power play experimentation
- Plastic ball lined with holes to allow easy breathing while gagged
- 2 O-rings on each side for added creativity and variety
- 10-hole buckle fastening system